All other devices:
- To clean other devices please follow these instructions:
CAUTION: Isopropyl alcohol is a flammable liquid. Never spray or pour any liquid directly on the LCD panel. Do not clean the screen while the PC is powered on.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect power to the system or monitor.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the microfiber cloth (DO NOT spray the cleaning solution directly on the LCD panel).
- Wipe the LCD screen gently with a soft, dry cloth.
If any marks remain, moisten the cloth with LCD cleaner, and then gently stroke the cloth across the display in one direction, moving from the top of the display to the bottom.
- Be sure the LCD screen is dry before closing it or using the computer.
Caution: DO NOT spray any type of cleaning solution on the LCD panel directly. Ensure to spray the cleaning solution on the microfiber cloth.
Note: Do not use any of the following chemicals or any solutions that contain: acetone, ethyl alcohol, toluene, ethyl acid, ammonia, or methyl chloride. If you have a different chemical or solution and are not sure whether it is suitable, do not use it. Using any of the chemicals in this list may cause permanent damage to the LCD screen. Some commercial window cleaners contain ammonia and are, therefore, unacceptable.
Note: Many cleaning solutions are sold specifically as LCD cleaners. You can use these to clean LCD screens on Dell laptop PCs or monitors. Alternately, you may use a 50:50 isopropyl alcohol and water mixture. Microfiber cloth such as those used to clean eyeglasses are excellent for use with LCDs.
- DO NOT use paper towels or tissues.